Cannabis is a plant that has been used for recreational and medicinal purposes for centuries and with the recent loosening of legal restrictions on the consumption of cannabis in many countries, its popularity is now “higher” than ever. However, it is crucial to approach cannabis consumption with knowledge and responsibility to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Whether you are a new user or a seasoned enthusiast, understanding the best practices for using cannabis can help minimize potential risks and maximize the benefits.
Start Low and Go Slow:
- One of the golden rules of cannabis consumption is to start with a low dose and gradually increase it. This approach allows you to gauge your tolerance and sensitivity to the effects of cannabis. Different individuals may respond differently to cannabis, so it’s important to understand your own limits and adjust accordingly. Begin with a small dose and give yourself ample time to assess how your body and mind react before considering increasing the dosage.
Know Your Products:
- With the wide variety of cannabis products available, it’s important to know what you are consuming. Familiarize yourself with the different strains, such as indica, sativa, and hybrids, as each may have distinct effects on your particular body. Additionally, check the percentages of the cannabinoid content, particularly the levels of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) to learn more about each of them. THC is responsible for the psychoactive effects, while CBD offers sedative and relaxing effects. Understanding the composition of the products you choose can help you make informed decisions and tailor your experience accordingly.
Consider Different Consumption Methods:
- Cannabis can be consumed in various forms, including smoking, vaporizing, edibles, tinctures, and topicals. Each method has its own onset time, duration of effects, and potential risks. Smoking and vaporizing provide rapid onset but may irritate the respiratory system, so it’s important to use proper inhalation techniques and choose high-quality products. Edibles, on the other hand, have a slower onset and longer-lasting effects, and in some cases stronger too, which is a reward for the patience you must have while you wait for it to kick in. Because of this delayed potency, be mindful of the dosage and refer to point one to learn which is the right dose for you.
Create a Safe Environment:
- When using cannabis, especially the first times, it’s important to create a safe and comfortable environment. If you are new to the experience of cannabis choose a setting where you feel relaxed and secure, preferably with trusted friends or in the company of individuals who are also familiar with cannabis. Ensure that the environment is free from potential distractions that could compromise your well-being. Since our brain under a high dose of THC is over sensitive to external inputs that can hamper the enjoyment of our psychoactive experience, it’s best to not allow for negative intrusions.
Be Mindful of Potential Risks:
- While cannabis can offer therapeutic benefits, it’s important to be aware of potential risks, especially if you have certain pre-existing conditions or are taking medications. Consult with a healthcare professional before using cannabis if you have a history of mental health disorders, cardiovascular issues, respiratory conditions, or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Cannabis may interact with certain medications, so it’s important to discuss potential drug interactions with your healthcare provider.
Store and Secure Cannabis Properly:
- Ensure that they are stored in a cool, dark place to maintain potency and freshness. Proper storage helps prevent accidental consumption and ensures that your cannabis remains safe for future use.
Get your weed from trustable provider
- In order to know what you are actually consuming it is best to acquire your cannabis from a reputable source such as a cannabis club or weed dispensary. If you want to access a diverse menu with high quality cannabis products and also be sure you are getting exactly what it reads in the menu or label, don’t get your weed from the street. Here in Barcelona we are lucky enough to have these spaces where consuming marijuana is legal, so if you are not a member of a weed club yet, sign up on this very website and await your invitation. Once you are accepted you will have access to a private space where you can consume marijuana and also meet other people that share the same interest.
A responsible use of marijuana leads to happier and healthier consumers. That can only be beneficial for the community since it will also speak better of the plant and help eliminate all the prejudice that still lingers on some sectors of the society. We hope you found this article helpful and that at least one thing you read today helps you extract a better experience out of cannabis.